1. Self-care: use of a mask, physical distance of at least one meter, hand hygiene, open-air activities where possible, avoid crowds, and ventilate closed spaces permanently.
2. “Step-by-Step”: restrictions and operating conditions in the Plan “Paso a Paso nos cuidamos” (step-by-step, we take care of one another).
3. Travel within Chile: interregional travel is allowed for people traveling from and to districts on Step 3, 4 or 5. A Health Passport is required, to be presented at Health Customs checkpoints. This requirement applies where there is no health cordon.
4. Curfew: it is forbidden to hold and/or participate in events or social gatherings during curfew.
5. Extension of the State of Emergency for 90 days.
Special measures for each event and activity
Highway 68 will be closed from 5:00 p.m. on December 7 to 8:00 a.m. on December 8.
Movement by pedestrians and all means of transport, including bicycles, is prohibited.
Access to lakes area: from 12:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on December 14, the main access routes to the lakes area from Highway 5 will be closed.
Internal roads in the lakes area: from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on December 14, traffic will be restricted on internal roads within the lakes area.
Access to the coastal area: S-40 from Imperial–Saavedra. Start time: 11:59 p.m. on Sunday December 13 (except emergency vehicles, public transport and airport services) until the local authority decides, based on traffic flows. Exit from the area permitted at all times.
Protected Wilderness Areas (ASP): will be open with restricted capacity and mandatory advance booking online, available from December 1.
Intensified inspections and random checkpoints on highways and in transport terminals.
Special equipment for emergencies.
Extended curfew on Christmas Eve: between 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. on December 25 in districts on Step 2, 3 or 4. In districts in Quarantine the curfew will start at 12:00 a.m. as normal.
Prohibition of mass events: from 8:00 p.m. on December 24 to 5:00 a.m. on December 26, regardless of the Step prevailing in the district.
Gatherings will be allowed in private homes only as of Step 2, with maximum numbers:
Health cordons in macro-zones: starting at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 30 and running until 5:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 2.
Operating protocols in force for summer activities:
Pubs, discotheques and similar are not allowed to open.
Restaurants and cafés can open to the public.
Protected Wilderness Areas (ASP), National Parks and National Reserves
Use of beaches
Tourism and accommodation
Town and city parks
Zoos and attractions parks
Cinemas, theaters and circuses
Intensified inspections and health teams.
The same protocols will apply as in the Step-by-Step Plan. Travel between regions will be allowed between districts on Steps 3 and 4, while inspections and the work of health teams will be intensified to ensure compliance with all the health protocols
announced for the use of swimming pools, campsites, zoos, parks and squares, beaches, etc.