The new measures govern the admission of new residents to an ELEAM, visitor entry and they allow residents to go out for a walk.
This protocol includes the following.
- The ELEAM must be free from COVID-19
- Any new resident must take a PCR test.
- If the PCR test is positive, they must complete a 14-day quarantine period and have no acute symptoms. If the PCR test is negative, they must complete a 14-day quarantine period, either inside the ELEAM or in a transitory residence.
- Residents will be allowed to leave their homes and walk around the neighborhood for two hours per day.
- They must always carry their ID, a mask, hand sanitizer and keep a physical distance at all times.
- This protocol depends on which step of the step-by-step plan the municipality is currently on. For example, if the municipality is in Step 2 - Transition, residents will not be allowed out at weekends. When they return home, they must comply with all the cleaning and disinfection protocols.
- Maximum of two visits by two people per week per resident.
- Each home will prepare a visiting schedule, in order to comply with these instructions. The schedule should take account of the step of the step-by-step plan the municipality is currently on. For example, if the municipality is in Step 2 - Transition, no visitors will be allowed at weekends.
- A special open or partially open area should be prepared for visitors. Otherwise, barriers between visitors and residents should be erected, such as windows or partitions, which allow visual but not physical contact.
- They must have a C19 health passport www.c19.cl (Sworn statement for entering an ELEAM).
- They will be checked for symptoms on entry.
- Visitors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a guardian.